What RetroFoam is and why it is a benefit to you:
What is R-Value and how does it affect you and your home?
R-Value is the thermal resistance of insulation materials in the walls and attics of your home. The average home is going to have fiberglass, cellulose, or maybe no insulation at all depending on the age of your home. Fiberglass typically has an R-Value of R-13 and 2×4 studs in your wall will have an R-value of 4, with no kind of air barrier. With RetroFoam we have a test registered R-Value range of between 16-24 depending on the wall cavity size. An air barrier creates a resistance to drafts coming through your home as heat is transferring. Heat always travels from hot to cold. So in the summertime the heat is trying to enter your home and in the Winter time is trying to exit your home. The perfect scenario is to have your home at 68 degrees and the outside temperature at 68 degrees to slow that transfer way down. You always remember your mom telling your to close the door we can’t heat or cool the whole outside.
With RetroFoam your walls will never lose R-value over time because it will never break down or change shape
It stops all drafts that come through plugs and switches and does not allow air to pass through
Increases your comfort and keeps your home more comfortable inside
Makes you home quieter on average of 45-50 decibels
RetroFoam is a nonflammable class 1 fire rating which adds safety and value to your home
RetroFoam can be installed within a day and since it can installed from the outside in it is unobtrusive. No need to move furniture or tear out walls
Green insulation Facts:
- Biodegradable – no disposal problems
- No CFC’s
- No ozone depleting off-gassing
- No container disposal problems
- Does not require potable water
- Ships dry – utilizes less energy for transportation
- Pollution prevention alternative to rigid foam boards
- No residue following incineration
Retro foam is and environmentally safe and friendly product made from nitrogen-based organic polymers. The foam is non-toxic and contains no solvents or petro-chemicals.
Benefits / Features
- RetroFoam™ maintains a high R-value over time
- Helps to stop drafts that come through electrical outlets and cracks surrounding windows
- Makes walls warmer to touch
- Makes the home quieter, 45-50db on average
- Has a class 1 fire rating… nonflammable
- Adds safety and value to your home
- Saves you $$$ on utility bills
- Typically installation is completed within a day. Since it can be installed from the outside it is unintrusive… No tearing out wall, or moving furniture and no interior cleanup
Learn more more, about RetroFoam™ today.